Partnering Intentionally with Your Boss
Keep the Communication Flowing, Module One
More than ever it is essential to break through the traditional barriers and boundaries that exist within every organization. By partnering more continuously with your immediate manager, you strengthen this very integral relationship and create the workplace you want.
- Evaluate your connection.
- Receive an exercise designed to take an introspective look at your current relationship.
- Strategically approach forward thinking conversations with your manager.
- Take control of your development by starting the conversation.
- Highlight your strengths.
- Eliminate miscommunications.
- Manage expectations.
- Receive a best practices tip sheet for partnering with your boss.
- Receive an exercise to begin to practice your new skills.
Become a Partner, Module Two
By positioning yourself as a problem solver, you open up opportunities for innovation. Bringing new ideas to market is a strong way to advance your relationship. In this module we will discuss the benefits derived from your relationship building and also learn the best way to approach the formal coaching conversation.
- Be known as a problem solver.
- Learn the ins and outs of the formal coaching conversation.
- You always have choices and options. Make those choices and exercise your options with your objectives firmly in mind.
- Prepare for gaps or disconnects between you and your manager’s style of communication.
- Intact Teams
- All Employees
- Administrative Staff
- Newly hired Employees
- High-potential Employees